ASCE – ASID – ASLA – ASPE – ASPLS – ITE – SEAAK
The Alaska Professional Design Council (APDC) is an umbrella organization that provides a forum to coordinate and complement the efforts of its member societies, especially in areas of public policy and education. Each of the member societies has 2 seats on the APDC Board of Directors, which governs activities and policies. The Board operates in accordance with the Governance Manual, and follows the By Laws set forth by the organization .
The APDC Board maintains close contact with the state Board of Registration for Architects, Engineers and Land Surveyors (AELS Board), monitors legislation in Juneau, and works with other agencies and organizations in Alaska to weigh in on issues affecting professional practice, when there is a unified voice among members. If member organizations are not in agreement, APDC encourages all societies with an interest to provide feedback directly on behalf of their members.
Members of Alaska Professional Design Council are the Alaska Sections and Societies of:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Interior Designers, Alaska Chapter
- American Society of Landscape Architects, Alaska Chapter
- Alaska Society of Professional Engineers
- Alaska Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- Institute Transportation Engineers
- Structural Engineers’ Association of Alaska